Monday 9 July 2007

The Building Blocks

I was delighted to arrive home from work to the phone ringing from the head teacher of St Joseph s primary school. She had received a note from two of her pupils asking to recycle uniforms for Oxfam and also my email.She said she would be involved and thanked me for the idea. She said the school always wondered what was the best way to deal with lost property. Since the school was undergoing building work there would not be an opportunity for donations to be brought to an assembly. We agreed that I would provide leaflets requesting donations were made directly to the local store.

Spurred by a positive result I decided to contact local churches for publicity. The minister at Netherlee Church agreed to put a request in her order of service and to put up leaflets in the church and the associated manse.A great result.What next?

No comments: