Tuesday 10 July 2007

some press

I suggested to Liz that we contact the local paper The Extra for some publicity. I read up on the Oxfam website about writing a press release and David provided a write up which I felt mentioned myself too much. I wanted the focus on the children and the initiative.

I spoke to Jennifer Brophy at the local paper and she asked for some photos. I arranged with St Joseph's to go and photograph the two girls who had supported the scheme. At St Joseph's with the help of the girls we set up a scene in front of the eco committee wall and used lost property as uniform props.

I was now a photographer and I did my best. Later I took some pictures outside my children's school. However I waited until the other children had left so I did not accidentally photograph another child.The pictures were dispatched the same day. Everything was moving so fast.

No comments: